BC Islands Mensa
Website for Vancouver Island and Gulf Islands Members
This event occurs every Wednesday at a specified location For details see the Announcements page under the Upcoming Events heading.
Some volunteer member organizes attendance at a movie for members.
Members gather at a member’s residence for an evening of fun and games. Volunteer organizer wanted.
This event happens every Friday, members and guests meet at a designated restaurant and time for an evening meal.
Members and guests gather at a the residence of the Hosting member for a potluck dinner and games/conversations.
Explore the World of Mensa
There are two ways to join Mensa:
- Take a supervised entrance test.
- Provide evidence of eligibility. Details at : mensa.ca/join/ Contact us for more info.
- We have booked Group Picnic Area S1-Picnic Shelter (see Group Sites & Picnic Shelters map here🙂
- Directions to Rathtrevor PP here:
- It’s a potluck event – bring your own food and (non-alcoholic) beverages; (smoking/vaping is prohibited, as is alcohol consumption.)
- If you want to grill, please bring your own bbq and propane – there are no cooking facilities at the Group Picnic Shelters.
- Games and activities are welcome, and the beach is nearby – very family and kid-friendly – feel free to hike and bike about!
- Dress for the weather – it may be cool the last week of September – 🤞 for sunny skies!
- If you need to carpool and don’t know an attending M, please contact me, (email@example.com), and I’ll do my best to connect you with a ride from another M.
- Confirmation of your attendance is appreciated for numbers – please let me know by email.
- Any questions? – please give me an email or a call (204-881-0089)
The Second BC Islands Mensa Picnic (pending site confirmation).
The event will be held on the 6th August 3:30 to 7:30 pm at Gyro Park. Free hamburgers, hot-dogs and soft-drinks will be provided but attendees are encouraged to bring extra food to share.
Third Sunday Potluck July 16th 6 pm.
Mary Freeman is hosting this month’s Potluck. All Members welcome. Mary’s address is 9-909 Carolwood Drive, Saanich, BC.